For this weeks edition of the farm system highlights, I’m going to start all the way at the bottom and work my way up but before i do, we’re now past the midseason point so that means I get to indulge myself (and you?) in an actual prospect ranking update. Rather than use the chart this time, I’m just going to do a list format so as to add a comment to each, so this might get a bit longer than usual.
1. Bo Bichette (SS) – If he’s still here (and healthy) by the start of August it will be odd. The buzz is that he’s coming, and he should.
2. Nate Pearson (RHP) – all and only a matter of getting those innings in.
3. Jordan Groshans (SS) – progress halted by lingering foot issues but all the reviews are very positive. Already on published top 100 lists.
4. Cavan Biggio (2B) – on track to graduate from this list at the All Star Break.
5. Patrick Murphy (RHP) – as covered by Shi Davidi, Murph was cruising on the fast track to the majors until officials ruled his delivery had an illegal move. The talent is still there, but the attempt to adjust …
Author: Tammy Rainey / Blue Jays Nation